Exercises For Lower Back
Exercises for lower back and lower back stretches are a great way to strengthen the core muscles of the lower back and at the same time help prevent lower back pain. These exercises are easy to perform at home, and additionally there is no need for expensive exercise equipment. Some instructions are given in this article for safe lower back exercises.
- Warm up activities are great for any kind of workout program. A well warmed up body can efficiently perform exercises for lower back. A 5 to 10 minute warm up is sufficient for staring your workout schedule. For instance, walking or running is great for warming up.
- Let’s start from the pelvic tilt. The pelvic tilt is an effective exercise which not only strengthens your lower back area but is also suitable for tightening the abs. Lie on your exercise or yoga mat on the ground, bend your knees. Your feet should be flat on the floor. Now tighten your abdomen and buttocks and also flatten your back which is directly facing the floor. Hold this position for 5 seconds. Complete 3 sets with five pelvic tilt repetitions in each set.
- Add knee to chest exercise into your workout routine, which is one of the better exercises for your lower back. To perform this exercise, lie flat on your exercise mat. Keep one leg flat on the floor, hold your thigh with both hands and gently pull it towards your chest while keeping your one leg flat on the floor. Hold this particular position for about 30 to 40 second and then gently release and put your leg on the floor in a flat position. Same thing should be done with the opposite leg and repeat this about three times for each leg.
- Add the bridge exercise for lower back into your workout schedule as well. This exercise strengthens your lower back muscles. The methodology of bridge exercise is very simple. Lie flat on your exercise mat and keep your shoulders on the ground and feet flat on the mat or floor. Now keep your shoulders on the ground and slowly raise your buttocks off the floor. Hold this particular position for five seconds and gently return back to the initial position. Repeat this exercise at least 2 to 3 times in each set..
Tips and warnings
- To make your exercises for lower back more comfortable invest in a soft exercise mat. This will allow you to perform lower back muscle strengthening exercises effectively without any harm.
- Consult with a physiotherapist if you are not getting expected results